Saturday, December 13, 2008

We've Got Spirit, Yes We Do...


We've got spirit. How 'bout you?

(Alright, that was super-cheesy. Sorry.)

It's our first Christmas in a house so twelve days before Christmas finally we decided to make our inaugural attempt at outdoor lighting. (The little tree has been up on our front porch for a couple of weeks, though, so we've not been totally dark and depressing.)

Someday we'll get up there on the roof and do it up big. But I'm happy with our first go at it. That used up all the lights we have anyway.

You should all go check out my friend Tricia's blog where she shares the significance behind her Christmas decorations. I love how she is using the trappings and wrappings of the season to shine a spotlight on Jesus Christ.

I'm going to steal her blurb about lights. Check her full post for more beautiful reminders as to WHY we are celebrating this season.

Candles/Lights Jesus, The Light of the World, came at Christmas. As believers in Christ, we now have His Light in us, and we are to “Let our lights shine before men so that they may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 —”Arise, shine; for your light has come…” Isaiah 60:1

3 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

It looks fabulous! I can only hope that I will be that proactive when I am 9 months pregnant!

Elyse said...

Yes we do too :)
~Elyse~

emk said...

I can't remember if I told you this way back when I first started reading your blog, but I LOVE the style of your house!! It's such a nice departure from the brick-front cookie-cutter houses! (Not that I'd turn down one of those if it were given to me, mind you! :-)