Friday, December 5, 2008

Bennet Is Thankful For "Eyets" and "Ows"


Friday, after shopping, napping and more eating Jeff, Bennett and I headed out to Marshall to spend time on "The Farm" with his parents.

Marshall does it up big with the Christmas lights so we went in town to check them out. Bennett was enthralled. "Eyets!" (lights without the L) is pretty much his new favorite word. He pointed out each and every light he saw.

And he continues to do so. Every lit up house. Every Christmas tree. Every street light. A night time car trip can be a bit tedious. But the child is thrilled each and every time.

I digress, sorry...downtown was wonderfully lit and we had fun walking around, closely inspecting each display and then going to Santa's workshop where kiddos could write a letter to Santa, "build" their own car or train and pay to sit on Santa's lap. Bennett had a glorious time hammering the wheels on a car and he waved to Santa (because his parents are just cheap like that).





I know my pictures aren't great. Low lighting is my nemesis and I really need to spend some more time with my camera manual and messing around with shutter speed, ISO and all that jazz. Someday...

We also got to spend time with the "ows". Bennett LOVED the cows.

He would perk up, look outside and moo every time he heard them (which was often as they wander within yards of the house).

He chased them around trying to get them to take feed from his hand. When that tactic failed he proceeded to throw the feed nuggets at their faces. I'm not sure that endeared him to the heard at all.





I think the most memorable part of the trip for Bennett was seeing a cow poop.

He hasn't stopped talking about it. Every time he sees a cow, a picture of a cow or even an open field that could potentially hold cows he brings it up.

"Ow! It moot. It boot. It boot!"

Translation: Cow! It mooed. It pooped. It pooped!

It was apparently quite a potent lesson for the boy.

Other than the lights and the cows we just hung around most of the weekend. Jeff helped his dad with some work on the farm and Sara kindly brought her sewing machine and helped me make Christmas stockings. We watched some basketball. We napped. I read an entire book.

Yay for holiday weekends!

Next up: Christmas trees!

2 comments:

The Penuels said...

Fun pictures in the lights!! And very exciting about the cow poop...Chapman will be jealous! He has never seen cow poop!

Tricia Welch said...

Ha ha! That bit about the cow pooping had me laughing out loud! Hopefully B won't be having any nightmares over that sight! It sounds like you guys had a fabulous weekend. Oh, and I'm so impressed that you were able to finish an entire book. Who am I kidding? Of course you did...you're Stacey!