Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Gift Craftiness

Here are pictures of some of the projects for which I abandoned my blog.

I don't have great close-ups of the stuff I made for Amy's baby but you can at least see how we incorporated the gifts into the decor for her baby shower.

We won't know until delivery day if Russ and Amy have a little boy or a girl so I made a variety of onesies. The first one has an applique tie, the middle one has "baby" embroidered on brown over a polka-dot background and the last is a heart with a hand-stitched border.

Alli made the cute circles that we used around the house for shower decorations. She also had the idea for using baby food jars and votive candle holders and tiny flower vases. Love it!


This burp cloth is just some appliqued shapes and on the other side it is embroidered with the word "Loved" in brown.


Finally, I embellished one other cloth diaper to make a little whale burp cloth that says "cutie" on the reverse side.


And here are few things I made for sweet baby Mia. I get to see her again tonight...so excited!





I also took some clearance rack kitchen towels, added a felt pumpkin and embroidered "Give Thanks" for my mom and Jeff's mom for Thanksgiving. But I forgot to take pictures of those.

Don't anyone be shocked if you get some embellished hand towels for Christmas!

Finally, I'm working on my first real sewing project. Stockings!

No pictures yet, but I'll surely share once they are finished.

4 comments:

Sundee said...

The TIE onesie is soooo cute and clever. All the stuff is so great.

Tricia Welch said...

I love them all! I never knew you had so much crafty talent hidden away! So cute!!

Haley said...

So very proud of you. those are all so cute! Teach me, teach me! So very impressed with your talent.

emk said...

I am in awe!!