Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hunting For Trees

On the way home from Marshall we stopped at a Christmas tree farm. I've always wanted to find and cut my own tree. It sounds so festive and charming.

Unfortunately, I'm really picky about what kinds of trees I like and apparently those that meet my exacting criteria don't grow in Texas. Sad.

We had a good time at the tree farm just the same. It was fairly chilly out which made me happy as there is just something not right about picking out a Christmas tree while wearing a t-shirt. And B looked pretty darn cute in the toboggan he stole from his daddy.

We found a darling baby tree just for Bennett (mostly just so we could we could feel authentic by actually leaving the farm with a tree we had cut ourselves) and purchased our big tree there from their pre-cut selection that had made the journey from up north somewhere.

Bennett loves to help his daddy. From picking the tree, to cutting it, showing it off and putting it on the car, he wanted to be right in the middle of the action. Here are a few pictures from our tree hunt:






1 comment:

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

How sweet! I remember growing up, my mom and I would go and cut our own tree down every year, and it was about the same size as Bennett's. We always called them our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree because they were so little! Thanks for the sweet reminder of some great old memories, even though I know that was not the point of your blog post!!