Friday, August 1, 2008

God Didn't Make Me A Fighter

Tomorrow I'm going to call Sears again. I couldn't fall asleep tonight because I kept rehearsing my conversation with Mr. Manager Guy. These types of conversations always so much better in my head.

I think: "I understand that you are doing what you can to help us under the policies that you have been given but my husband and I have decided the solution that you have offered is not acceptable. I am going to need to speak with someone who has the authority to change or override this policy that seems to be standing in our way."

I say: "Um, well, thanks for all you've done to help us out. But are you sure that is all you can do? I don't want to be any trouble, but it just seems like we shouldn't be charged for something that isn't our fault. Oh, okay, sorry to bother you."

Since I wasn't sleeping anyway I got out of bed to write down some of my brilliant points that I'm sure will wither Mr. Manager Guy's will to rip us off.

Or at least maybe a script will keep me on track any time the words "I'm sorry" threaten to slip out of my mouth. Which is often. I have a habit of apologizing for other people's shortcomings in such situations.

It's as if I think their lack of customer service is my fault for being too difficult. Why should I expect a high-dollar product to work perfectly for longer than a few months? I mean, come on, they are willing to fix it. So I should be content to live with a fridge that is only running cold every other week. Right?

Alright friends, pray for my strength!

1 comment:

sheltonfamily said...

Isn't the customer always supposed to be right?! I don't blame you for being so annoyed. Is it not under warranty? I hope it goes well and maybe you will get nice mr. manager guy!