Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow


For months now been threatening to chop all my hair off. First it was falling out by the fist full (another lovely result of having a baby). Then it started falling out by Bennett fist-full when he learned to grab and yank. Ouch! I continued procrastinating though. I didn't know what I wanted done and I don't have a "hair person" so I didn't know where to go or who to see.

Recently it had gotten so long and heavy that my go-to hairstyle of a ponytail or messy knot was literally giving me headaches. A couple of Sundays ago I saw yet another friend with a cute new hair cut. When I commented on it she recommended her stylist and I called the next day.

Today I sat down with Lee and as he kindly asked me what I was looking for, if I'd seen any pictures I liked or what celebrities hair styles I envied I simply repeated my mantra "just take it off". I told him to feel free to do whatever he wanted with the caveat that it should not require maintenance other than regular washing.

It took a bit of convincing for him to understand that I really, REALLY didn't have an opinion other than "take it off". So he did! Almost 12 inches!

Here is a before picture to show how long my hair had gotten. I wasn't trying to grow it out...this is just what happens when you don't go to the salon for 9 or 10 months.


And after! Bennett seems to approve. Of course it may never look this pretty and shiny again, but it doesn't matter to me because although I like how it looks I love, love, LOVE how it feels!


4 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

Gorgeous! It looks just as pretty in person, too!

Anonymous said...

I actually don't know if you've ever had it that short. Looks good though, and shiny :)

Haley said...

Looks GREAT!!

Don Dinnerville said...

looks great. i've promised myself that if i can get down to a certain weight, i'm going back to a short haircut myself. :-)

after a long absence from any of my friends' blogs, i'm back. i'll try to read a little more regularly. hope you all are doing great!