Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Family Christmas: Act III


We finished our Christmas celebrations back in Fort Worth with the Jackson family and Mawmaw who came in from Georgia. My wonderful Pawpaw passed away in May and I can't imagine how it must feel to go through the holidays without your husband for the first time in over 50 years. My Mawmaw is a spunky and brave woman. She got on an airplane for the first time in her life in order to come visit us. I am so happy she was able to join us for Christmas this year. It was a sweet celebration and I cherish the time we got to spend with her.

Bennett again raked in the gifts. I think the neatest present he received was this "Box of Blocks". My sister Lisa handmade and stained a fabulous set of wooden blocks and even a box to store them! They are beautiful and I know we will get years of play out of her thoughtful gift. Bennett approved as well.



Jeff was thrilled to receive "Guitar Hero" which was at the top of his wish list. Bennett got a baby guitar so that he can jam along with us. The entire weekend was accompanied by strains of "My Name is Jonas" and "School's Out" as one family member or another took their shot at guitar glory. It was a lot of fun!




When Mawmaw is at our house you would think she'd get a break to just sit back and let us take care of her. But no, we put her to work because that woman can cook! Bennett greatly enjoyed his first taste of Mawmaw's (should be) World Famous Chicken and Dumplings. He gave it two thumbs up!

Bennett not only plays the guitar but also regaled us with a few lovely original piano compositions. Ok, ok, really he was just gleefully banging on the keys...but I think this picture looks like he is being very thoughtful about his performance.

I am now officially finished blogging about Christmas. Hip hip hooray!

My parents kindly watched Bennett New Year's Eve so Jeff and I could go out and have some grown-up time. We rang in the new year by going to downtown Fort Worth, chatting over warm drinks on the rooftop of the Reata, catching a movie (a rare treat for us) and relaxing, talking about the past year and making new friends at the Worthington Hotel. It was a low-key celebration that was right up our alley!


2007 was a big year for us. I quit my job, we had a baby, built a house and tried to sell our condo. 2008 will also bring a lot of changes as we move to Allen and continue to try to sell our condo. We are excited about what the upcoming year holds for our little family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.