Monday, January 28, 2008

Fun in Fort Worth


Jeff spent a few days in Vegas last week with a bunch of college buddies to celebrate the year they are all turning 30. I didn't send the camera along with him (although I'm doubtful that he would have remembered to use it much) so hopefully Hank or someone will share a few photos with us. Jeff had a wonderful time and really enjoyed getting to spend time with some great old friends.

While Jeff was away Bennett and I hung out in Fort Worth with Gran, Papa J and Aunt Lisa. I packed what felt like a car load of "stuff" to survive three whole days away from home with a baby. Diapers, wipes, about a dozen outfits, toys, favorite blanket, lovey, noise maker, just-in-case-medicine supply, bibs, snacks, sippy cup, bath supplies, pacifiers...I remembered it all and then some!

Except I did forget to pack his booster seat/high chair. But have no fear, Aunt Lisa came to the rescue with an ingenious mealtime solution.


Yes, he's sitting on phone books (certainly you remember this trick from your younger years, right?) and lashed to the chair with a belt. Perfect!

The next day Gran decided she might as well by a booster seat to keep at her house.

It was a pretty lazy weekend. I got to hang out with my family and they got to play with the Bennett boy. I did a little shopping. A little napping. Hung out with some old friends. Dad and I beat Mom and Lisa at spades. Twice. All in all, a great weekend.

1 comment:

The Penuels said...

beautiful hair my dear!!