Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Little Man



Bennett could not be more in love with his Daddy. He wants to be where Daddy is, do what Daddy does and even wear what Daddy wears. What a joy to watch their sweet relationship. Jeff provides such a contrast and balance to the parenting that our children get from me during the day. I love, love LOVE that Bennett has such an amazing man to emulate.

And speaking of being like Daddy, I did a super-quick (as in like, two minute, hurry-the-baby-is-sleeping-put-on-this-hat-let's-go) photo shoot of Bennett a few days after his birthday wearing Jeff's shirt and hat just like last year. I didn't get any shots that I love, but at least it is done and I haven't ruined the tradition already.



Something about the flip-flopped feet sticking out from under that huge t-shirt reminds me of a hobbit.


Last year I had my mom around to help elicit smiles. Not so much luck this time.




Even though the birthday balloon didn't fit my vision of a perfect portrait session, in coming years these photos will remind us of how the never-say-die mylar balloon was attached to B every waking hour for almost two weeks after his birthday. It was like a fifth family member.


And for fun, here is a sample from last year's birthday pictures:



(I'd totally forgotten about the kitchen utensils from last year! Maybe it will be tradition to have a prop - Bennett's current favorite thing - each time?)

I sure do love that little man.

1 comment:

Tricia Welch said...

I LOVE the props! I can't wait to see what he's got in his hand next year...what a cutie pie!