Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Like Daddy


Since I've started blogging (and blog-stalking) I've come to learn that I am already a slacker mom. There are many examples of this, but I'll focus on one. So many wonderful mommies take pictures of their little ones with the same chair/pillow/stuffed animal every month to show how they are growing. I intended to do something like that. I think I might have three pictures of Bennett with his bear Big Roscoe. Sad.

Somewhere my mom picked up the idea of taking yearly pictures of kiddos in their parents clothing. Mom apparently saw photos taken of a little boy on his birthday each year wearing his dad's dress shirt and tie and it was so cute she just couldn't stand it. She's absolutely emphatic that I should do the same.

Mom visited on Friday and with her help I finally got around to granting her wish. We decided that since Jeff only wears a shirt and tie if we are attending a wedding or funeral that it would make sense to put Bennett in something that is more typical of his daddy. We chose a T-shirt emblazoned with "Igniter Media", which is where Jeff works, and a baseball cap. The spoons have nothing to do with Jeff. Bennett just wanted to play with them and we wanted him to smile...so there you go. I took the pictures outside thinking that it will also be fun to see how our new little tree grows and how our house changes as the years pass.

Here are a few other pics from our little photo shoot.







4 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Well THAT is a CUTE idea!!! Love it. Wonder if it's too late for me to start that with Blake? Your little man is so cute!!

Tricia Welch said...

So Cute! I know what you mean...I really intended to get Elliott's picture in his little green chair every month, but that hasn't happened. Perhaps we'll just do a yearly pic like the B-man. I really like the one of him standing up!

sheltonfamily said...

So cute and sweet... I'm slacker mom as well. I guess that is okay that we don't get all the cutesy, creative things done as long as we are spending time with them and they eat, sleep, etc....!!!

emk said...

Stacey and Jeff-
Speaking of blog-stalking, I happened across your blog recently and have enjoyed reading about your life with cute Bennett! (I figure it's not so much STALKING when I actually know you two, right?) We just entered the crazy world of parenthood a few months ago and I'm totally a slacker mom, too. (but happy!)
Emily (and Seth)