Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Despite my lack of creative planning for the Easter, we did talk to Bennett about the holiday. Here he tells us what Easter is all about.




We attempted a family picture, but that is easier said than done these days. Bennett was ready for a nap so we posed for about 32 seconds before allowing him the rest he so desired.


(Please forgive my haggard look. I'm having a bad hair year and I seem to forget that make up is my friend until I'm looking at pictures of myself. Oh well, I figure in 10 or 15 years I'll look back on pictures of myself and think nothing but how young and thin I looked, right? Right?)

After a nap B did a little scavenger hunt to find his and Dayton's baskets of goodies. (Dayton's basket = Mommy's basket, except the teething ring...I'll give her that. But the chocolate? All mine!) If you look carefully you might see some little rabbits from last Easter. They have already been put away for next Easter's baskets as well. We have our fair share of stuffed animals already and another couple small bunnies would just lost in the shuffle. And I'm just cheap like that.


We tried to get a few pictures of the kids but Bennett's a tough one to catch looking towards the camera these days. He sure does love to kiss his "Baby DenDen" though.




I find her to be irresistibly kissable as well.




1 comment:

Tricia Welch said...

I LOVE that Bennett knows the Easter story...it seems so complicated for a 2 year old, but you were able to teach it to him all with a few simple phrases. Love it!