Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not Exactly What I'd Originally Imagined...But Wonderful Just The Same

When we moved into this house one thing I was excited about was the big ol' garden tub in our master bath. I pictured myself soaking away with a good book, bubbles up to my ears, candles lit, soothing melodies playing softly in the background.

Take a moment to envision that with me. Ahhh...isn't it lovely?

I think that serene scenario has played out all of two times. And (after waiting an hour and running 2,000 gallons of water to fill the tub) those two baths were quite lovely, without question ! But I doubt those rare occasions make up for the amount of time required to keep the darn thing clean. It is so unfair that stuff gets dirty even when not being used. And how gross is a dusty bath tub? Yuck.

Anyway, all this to say the neglected tub is finally being put to use. We've discovered we can put a few inches of water in and get two kiddos cleaned with no screaming and no tears. At least until it is time to get out. (Yes, this does require a parent to get in also.)

And, as a bonus, I found this little corner to have some of the best natural light in the house, making for some sweet nekkid baby pictures. Love it!



And just because it makes me laugh, a picture of Bennett taking his "bike" for a spin after bath time.

6 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Precious, precious pictures ... that light is amazing!! And I hear ya - I have taken ONE BATH in our tub (we have been here for 3 years), but unfortunately Blake is terrified of the big tub since we had the great idea to turn on the jacuzzi jets last time ... lesson learned! Maybe we'll give it another try soon ... your kids apparently love it!!

Tricia Welch said...

What sweet pics! Just precious! I'm so glad your big tub is getting some more action these days!

Lucy said...

such sweet pictures. I especially love the last one!

Amy H said...

Those pictures are PRECIOUS!!!

Elyse said...

ADORABLE. Precious pictures!!!
~Elyse~

marc and trisha said...

love the pics. you take the best pictures.