Monday, February 2, 2009

Here We Go Again

I am actually sitting down at the "big" computer in our study in an attempt to achieve the goal of having at least some current, if not interesting, material on ye old Learning As We Go (and lemme tell ya, that is appropriate domain name if I've ever seen one).

I apologize for my sad attempts at blog updates of late. Despite the zillion and one posts in my head I've not felt capable of stringing together more than two coherent sentences, much less had the fortitude to upload pictures, compose, edit and and publish an entire blog entry.

But today has been a banner day, so I am feeling hopeful that I might have some success in finishing a post. Or maybe even two or three!

Why do I feel so empowered, you may ask? Well, not only did I not take a nap, nor feel like I might die without one today, but I made a quite successful trip to the grocery store with two children under the age of two in tow. All by myself.

I didn't even cry when I discovered my wallet was not with me as I stood in line with an overflowing basket and cranky toddler. We survived. And I had the groceries put away before my dear husband returned from work. It was enough for me to consider changing my name to Wonder Woman.

So, feeling bolstered by my recent success, tonight I will attempt to share some of the excitement and joy of our last few weeks. And next time I go to the store, I'll just bring my diaper bag AND my purse and not worry myself with trying to consolidate.

I don't expect that this will be particularly spellbinding for any dear readers that may have hung on through our recent blog slump. But there are certainly moments and memories that I want to capture at least for myself before the vivid colors and emotions begin to dim with the passage of time.

So, hold on to your hats, my friends. Here we go!

2 comments:

Caryn said...

Oh the joys of two at the grocery store, you ARE wonder woman and you deserve a large pat on the back that is no easy task!! Sorry about the no wallet at check out I've been there too. :(

Tricia Welch said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're back! You certainly earned the right to call yourself Wonder Woman in my book. Way to go mommy of 2!