Monday, May 5, 2008

Bon Voyage!


Jeff and I had a wonderful opportunity to go on a "work cruise" with our great friends/neighbors Rob and Haley. "What exactly is a work cruise?" you might ask. Well, in this case Rob and Jeff's company (Igniter Media) was a sponsor of a worship conference that took place on a cruise ship. The company paid the sponsorship, Rob and Jeff taught a class about media and worship and voilĂ , we all went on vacation! What a deal!

Jeff and I enjoyed our first cruise experience. It was incredibly relaxing. We got to spend a lot of time in the sun, do a little shopping, a lot of eating, plenty of napping. Jeff played in and won a dodge ball tournament. We did some rock wall climbing. I even read two books! We also bested Rob and Haley at Spades and went parasailing for the first time.

Four nights is the longest I've ever been away from Bennett but he was in great hands with my parents and sister and we all survived. Jeff and I both missed him greatly but it was easy to call home and get updates. I'm not sure he even noticed we were gone as much fun as he had at Gran and Papa J's. It was a sweet reunion when we returned.

I was kind of a slacker about taking pictures while we were gone but here are a few from our trip.

Practicing for a potential "Titanic"moment.


My attempt at haggling over the price of a pair of earrings.


In Nassau with Rob and Haley.


The knock-you-on-your-behind (or your face) waves at the beach in Nassau. Good sandy, salty fun!


I'm so glad Jeff believed me when I told him I was pretty sure we needed to pack for a formal dinner night.


Jeff at dodge ball. I have to brag on my husband. At one point in a critical match his three team mates were all out and Jeff was facing down three guys at one time. In a matter of a couple of minutes he took all three of them down with his quickness and accuracy. I was so proud!


A pretty sunset.


Haley and I model our sassy new bags.


Parasailing in Key West was fun!


Showing off our ultra-luxe and spacious accommodations.

2 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I'm so glad that Bennett had fun, too!

Chrys and Mike said...

wow, so fun!!! i'm so glad you guys got to do that!

chrys