Friday, May 9, 2008

Bye Bye City Home!

Fabulous news! We finally have a contract on our condo! We couldn't be more excited about becoming a single-mortgage family. Closing is set for May 22!

I thought I would be sad to leave the cute little place Jeff and I came home to after our honeymoon. It is where we became "The Parkers", where I learned to make Jeff's favorite meals, where hope sprang and was crushed with each Mavs season, where we became parents and where Bennett spent his first year of life.

But I'm not too sad. I'm ready to have my furniture back! We left almost all of our furnishings there so the condo would remained "staged" for potential buyers. Therefore we've been living like college kids...sleeping on a mattress on the floor , eating at a card table, sitting on a hand-me-down couch (thanks Mom and Dad!) to watch TV which is sitting on an end table. All of our books, movies, office supplies, etc. are still in boxes because we don't have a our book cases, armoire or desk.

Seriously though, God has taught us a lot about trusting him day to day as our carefully laid plans didn't go exactly as we hoped or expected. It is a joy to tell you that He has been more than faithful to provide for all our our needs. He has given us peace and patience with our circumstances that looked different than we had envisioned. When one began to feel restless, stressed or anxious Jeff and I were able to take turns reminding the other of the ways the Lord has always cared for us.

I know that financial uncertainty is a small thing compared to the challenges and heartbreak that so many people face. I count this as one more way we can look back on and remember His faithfulness to us when difficult circumstances arise in the future.

And even if for some reason this deal falls apart in the eleventh hour I will still say, "God is good!".

1 comment:

Tricia Welch said...

Praise God, he is good!