Thursday, December 27, 2007

First Hair Cut

On Friday the 21st Bennett turned 9 months old and got his first hair cut. It was tough for me to admit it, but the time had come...his hair was beginning to look quite scraggly, growing well over his ears and overlapping the collar of his shirt. We took him to a place that specializes in kids cuts and Jeff and I were amazed at how well he did.

Bennett loved sitting in the firetruck and Miss Sandy who cut his hair was very kind and patient with his squirminess. She even allowed him to continually steal her combs. He would grab one out of her hand and she'd just get a new one. Again. And again. Bennett enjoyed that little game.

I know it is silly but I was just so proud of him sitting there and having his hair cut without a fit. I always brace myself for the worst but time and time again Jeff and I come away from new experiences with Bennett saying "he did so great!". I guess we should be used to his easygoing nature by now, but I'm afraid the moment I start to expect him to be amenable in every situation he'll throw me for a loop. Better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised, right?

Bennett, thrilled to be at the wheel. I didn't know he was old enough to enjoy this yet!

With one of the coveted combs.

Who took my baby and left a big boy in his place??

2 comments:

The Penuels said...

AWWWWWW!! So handsome :)

Amy H said...

So cute! He looks so grown up!