Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Keeping Us On Our Toes


Bennett is certainly not an infant anymore and he reminds me of this fact every time I think it is ok to step away for "just a second". He is endlessly fascinated by doors and drawers - including their contents, anything electronic, anything dangerous and, of course, the shiny Christmas tree and pretty gifts. It is so fun (and also exhausting) to watch him grow and learn!

Here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks of our Mr. B exploring his world.

Oops! This plant table has found a new home now.

The is the "baby friendly" cabinet where Bennett plays when I'm in the kitchen.

During a visit to Nanny and Papa's house we discovered that Bennett can climb. Look at him go!

I can't look at this picture without thinking "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be".

Gran was smart to put only plastic ornament near the bottom of her tree.

Notice that he is surrounded by colorful, made-for-baby toys and yet chooses to eschew those and partake of a little light reading.

This is the B-boy this morning getting an up-close look at our movie collection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! And, in case you are wondering which person I am calling "a cutie," it's (SURPRISE!) Bennett! Of course, you two, Jeff and Stacey, are cuties, also, but Mr. B has you beat in that category! (Sorry!)

Nanny
Tuesday night, 11:54 a.m.

p.s. I may not get any sleep tonight -- I just want to keep looking at Bennett's photos!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited about your spending this upcoming weekend with us! You three are MORE THAN FAIR in spending time with us! I must say I think this is something even Dad and I did right in our marriage: let the grandmothers see the children often. Hey, this may allow me to put up that photo: we did SOMETHING right!!
Love, Nanny

Anonymous said...

A future theologian! Unsin!

sheltonfamily said...

Oh Wow! You just arrived to the "fun" part of parenting....! My children have done all of these except for the plant stand cause we do not have one! However, they are big fans of unrolling the toilet paper.. Have a great day!

Haley said...

I feel your pain!! We need to get these two together so they can create havock together! :)