Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winter

I'm not one to get excited about cold weather. I love wearing summer clothes. Flip flops, tank tops and sun dresses make me want to skip and play whereas sweaters and coats seem stifling and itchy. I prefer to feel the sun on my shoulders and a warm breeze in my hair to facing biting winds and gray, dreary days where the sun disappears by 6:30.

But around the holidays I'm willing to stand some cooler temperatures. It seems that a bit of a chill in the air adds to the festivity of the season. I just have a hard time singing "Jingle Bells" or wrapping Christmas gifts while running the air conditioner. Alas, we have had quite unseasonably warm weather in early December. This is Bennett playing outside on Friday, December 7.



What a difference two days makes! Winter weather finally decided to arrive with a cold front on 9th. Yeah! Here is Bennett Sunday. We went for a walk so we could get some use out of his winter coat. He enjoyed the ride.



I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for a white Christmas or anything, but I'll enjoy the frosty weather while it lasts. Or at least I'll stay inside where its warm, snuggled in my blanket and drinking hot chocolate. Maybe a little bit of winter isn't so bad after all.

No comments: