Saturday, November 14, 2009

1:03 A.M.

Baby wakes. I grumble up stairs, yearning for my bed. Consoling, I wonder, when did legs grow so long, dangling from my cradling arms? I am caught off guard, overwhelmed in this moment with gratitude and love. Humbled, tears spill and I am awed anew by miracle, blessing and challenge of raising souls in tiny bodies. Thank you, Lord!

I cannot, I will not fail these previous ones with daily, straining efforts of my wisdom and power, reaching, longing for good. Foolish and weak are my strategies.

Psalm 63:1-4
Oh God you are my God
Earnestly I seek you
My soul thirsts for you
My body longs for you
In a dry and weary land where there is no water

I've seen you in your sanctuary
Beheld your power and your glory
Because your love is better than life
My lips will glorify you

I will praise you as long as I live
In your name I will lift up my hands

2 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

Beautiful. I loved the way you wrote this. How true this is for all of us moms! I, too, find myself grumbling about the lack of "me" time I am getting these days, but on the other hand, I know that it will all be gone in a flash. Then, we will be longing for the days when our children wanted us and needed us to hold and comfort them! Praise God that he promises to give us the wisdom we need during these tough, but precious times when we ask for it!

Unknown said...

Stacey

I LOVE this post! Your children are blessed to have you as their mama.