Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Votin' We Did Go

Well, I thought I had failed to get registered to vote since moving but when I went to find Jeff's voter's registration card this morning I found mine instead. Turns out that I had everything lined up to do my civic duty but he did not.

So first thing after breakfast I stuck my pajama clad boy in the stroller and walked across the street to our neighborhood elementary school. How convenient! Bennett was content with his snack trap of Cheerios and book for ten minutes or so but after that he wanted OUT. He was very interested in all the "baba" goals in the gym and desperately wanted to get out and try to make a basket.

Fortunately our wait was not much longer. B also desired to help me submit my vote on the fancy touch-screen computer. Just a few more years and you'll get your turn, little one.

I'll have you know I planned on having a stranger take our picture at the polling location but my phone battery needed charging and I felt a little silly hauling the big camera out for such a photo op. Oh well.

On the way home, concerned with the lack of appropriate election-day kids songs, I made up my own.

A votin' we will go
A votin' we will go
It's our duty, don't you know
A votin' we will go!

I topped it off with a moving rendition of God Bless America.

I think Bennett was inspired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go!

thanks for your sweet comment on the blog. it means a lot to me.

and please know that i am truly, TRULY thrilled for you and that precious baby bundle you've got! such a gift!!!

chrys