Monday, November 10, 2008

Confessing My Unnatural Love For Paint


Have I ever mentioned what a difference a little paint can make?

This weekend Jeff and I partook of some more DIY madness. I found these cute little chairs (and a matching table) at an unfinished furniture store in Plano a few weeks ago. From the moment I saw them there was no doubt in my mind that a little paint would take them from cute to FAN-freaking-TASTIC.

Saturday was the day. We put on a coat of primer outside while Bennett played. And then after the B Boy was down for the count Saturday night hubby and I put on a movie and got to painting. This is the first time I've seen the playroom color scheme all together (other than tiny paint swatches). I'm really happy with the results!



I might end up painting something (words? polka dots?) on the table top but I think that they are going to be perfect for our playroom art/puzzle corner just as they are.

I LOVE paint!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

those are so cute! look how grown he is in the chair.

Anonymous said...

the colors look great!!

Sundee said...

I've longed for my kitchen dining area to look like that. I love bright colors and things that aren't matchy matchy. You both did a GREAT job and they DO look fantastic!

Suzanne said...

nice work!! the chairs look fantastic! i must say, i laughed out loud at your comment on my blog. (joe knows i'm a secret bear at heart!) growing up in waco, my dad took me to all of the games every weekend! so, even though they will whip up on the ags this weekend, i am never THAT upset about it! ;) lots of love! suz

Tricia Welch said...

Those look awesome! I can't wait to see the grand reveal of the playroom!!!

Haley said...

They look great Stacey! Way to go!

Lucy said...

Those look so great. Well done! Now I feel really guilty that Eleanor doesn't have a play area (let alone an AWESOME craft/puzzle table).

Amy H said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

duh, p. jackson. this was apparent from b-school.

Haley said...

They look great-- you could try www.roomatespeelandstick.com for polkadots to put on them....