Monday, November 3, 2008

In The Gutter


If you follow the Thomas Family blog this will look awfully familiar.

Last night Haley and I got handy with the power tools and transformed some plastic gutters into book displays. I'm so happy with our results! (Forgive the poor quality phone picture and the Legos.) This little corner is well on it's way to being a cozy reading nook. I'm so excited!

I had been searching for some toddler-friendly book storage solutions. Sadly, our answer had been a haphazard pile in the corner of the playroom. I looked at shelves like these that you find in preschools and church nurseries but they seemed awfully large, not particularly charming and a bit expensive.

I love this and this from Pottery Barn Kids (but, truly, what don't I love from Pottery Barn Kids?). Charming? Absolutely. Pricey? Of course.

I considered having my sister help me build something like this.

But then from the wonderful blog world I came across the perfect solution (scroll down on the page to see her example). So simple. So inspired. So cheap!

We're still working on the great playroom transformation and it is coming along. I can't wait to be able to share the finished product with you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, your shelves look great! I'm so glad you tried it and passed the idea along.

Lydia said...

That's an awesome idea!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! definitely doing this soon!

chrys

S, J, B, & S said...

Oh my gosh, so crafty! I love this and will for sure steal the idea if you don't mind ... it's too cute!!

Tricia Welch said...

It looks great! I love the idea, too. One day....when we have a play room perhaps we will do the same!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!
Mom

The Penuels said...

Those look awesome!! You are super crafty girl :)