Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Think I Need An Intervention

I have much to blog about but I've been overtaken by an obsession with crafting.

Friday night I stopped by JoAnn's to pick up a couple little things to finish a baby shower project. They were having a sale. And I had a 40% off coupon. And I discovered that "embroidery floss" (which sounds fancy and intimidating) is simply the string I used to make friendship bracelets out of! Who knew?

So since then I've been embellishing onesies, burp cloths and kitchen hand towels. And I have plans and supplies to start making Christmas stockings for our family. I'm having so much fun!

I think my husband is concerned for me.

He knew something odd was going on when I stayed up until 2 am the other night and even busted out our iron (which rarely sees the light of day outside the laundry room cabinet) to work on some projects.

He laughed a little when I finished up some stiching in bed wearing a spelunker's head lamp.

But when I attemped to work on some embroidery in the car on the way to church he knew I was in deep.

Help!

7 comments:

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

Laughing hysterically at the spelunker's hat in bed, that SOOO sounds liek something I would do! So glad you found something else to enjoy! I LOVE crafting, and as I said Sunday at the shower, you should make a few onesies and matching burp cloths and sell them on Etsy. It's a great way to make some extra cash fast!!

Anonymous said...

you're so cute. can't wait to see what you've done!

chrys

Lisa said...

I too have sewn in the car. I usually reserve it for road trips, though. :)
I'd volunteer to stage a community intervention... but did we mention the couple who had to add "crafts" to the budget???
I haven't thought of the headlamp, though. Nice.

Lucy said...

I always laugh so hard reading your posts... I can't wait to see pictures of all your creations!

Anonymous said...

Somebody help the girl. The next step is covertly selling her husband's golf club to by a quilting rack.

Kristie said...

Haley told me about your blog b/c we were talking about Bum Genius. She told me you were trying them. I am pregnant with my first and won't be seriously looking into them soon, but am very interested for the future. So please keep updating about how you are liking them and what you are saving. You have at least one very interested follower!

Shannon said...

Hi! I am friends with Caryn Smith and was wondering where you found your unpainted chairs! I need four of them and don't want to spend a fortune. Do you mind e-mailing me back? shannonlainebrown@yahoo.com THANK YOU SO MUCH!