Saturday, September 13, 2008

We Interrupt Hurricane Ike Coverage For An Important Announcement

I have found it!

Or rather, my friends Clint and Lisa Miller have introduced me to it. I feel that after the impact this discovery has made in my life that they are worthy of a title more befitting than simply "friends". Maybe kindred spirits? Bosom buddies? Heroes?

"It" is simply the most delectable, divine, perfect combination of texture and flavors to ever cross my lips.

Thursday night started out innocently enough. Dinner with friends. A derth of tempting dessert options in my house led us to suggest the guys make a quick trip to Paciugo to pick up some gelato. As we discussed our preferred flavor combinations the Millers suggested I might enjoy a new flavor they recently discovered. In a fit of fateful insanity I, a decidedly picky and uncourageous eater, decided to forgo my no-fail chocolate and mixed berry combo and attempt something new.

When the boys returned with our treats I took my first taste of Mediterranean Sea Salt Caramel gelato. At that moment the heavens opened and grace rained down on me. Along with the promise of fifteen extra pounds.

It might sound a little odd (a salty ice cream?) but it simply makes my tongue happy. And combined with a small amount of Fondente, the extra-dark chocolate flavor, it is just about enough to bring me to tears.

Just trust me on this one. Try it. Love it.

And feel free to bring some by my house.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I don't know if there are any places with gelato around here...do you know?

And VERY courageous of you! Not sure I would try ice cream with salt in the name!

sheltonfamily said...

I all of a sudden love that place! I love coconut and the chocolate turtle. The one by our house on belt line is my favorite. We will have to meet there sometime!

Tricia Welch said...

Mmmm. Sounds tasty. I will definitely have to check it out!

Lucy said...

that is my favorite flavor!!! yum...