Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Here We Go!



Tonight is night #1 of The Great Cloth Diaper Experiment of '08. I was waiting for the liners to arrive and they came in the mail yesterday. Although we don't have a wet bag yet, I'm ready to get started. Doesn't he look adorable in his new blue diaper?

When I first tried one on him I was concerned that it seemed small but I'm really hoping they just fit a little differently than what we are used to. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if he's already too big for my whole stash. He doesn't seem uncomfortable so we'll just wait and see how they perform before making a final judgment. Tonight's diaper is double-stuffed as he is quite a heavy night-wetter.

Tomorrow we'll have to start out in a 'sposie (that's cloth diapering slang for disposable diaper...y'all didn't know I was that hip, did ya?) because Bennett will be in childcare while I'm at my Bible Study. But once we get home we're going full-on cloth for the rest of the week.

Wish us luck!

4 comments:

marc and trisha said...

what a cute picture! good luck. can't wait to hear how it goes.

by the way i love your furniture. i'm so impressed with all of your projects.

Tricia Welch said...

can't wait to see how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Bennett looks a little like Linus holding that blankie so tightly.

Johnson Family said...

Let us know how it goes after a full week. You just might convince me to make the switch too! Any covers in pink? :-)