Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving



We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving with our families last week. The Parkers hosted us out in Forney and were kind enough to invite the Jackson clan along for the celebration. We all ate well, zoned out in front of the less-than-thrilling Cowboys game and ate some more. Perfect.

Jeff and I are thankful for so many things. This has been an eventful year - I quit work, we had a baby, we are building a house and trying to sell our condo. There is no one I'd rather be navigating these day-to-day adventures with than my wonderful husband. We have had a blast getting to know our precious son and learning how to be parents together. We've been able to look forward and plan and dream for our family's future as we prepare to move. We have taken time to look back and be thankful for where God has brought us in four and half years. I am so blessed.

We are thankful for sweet time with our wonderful families. Thankful for parents that love the Lord and love us well. Thankful for fabulous siblings that are fun to be around and care deeply for us and for Bennett. We are thankful for the friends that surround us and bring joy, encouragement and wisdom to our lives. Above all and even if none of this existed we would still be thankful for our precious Savior and the grace freely offered to us that we in no way deserve.

There are not enough words for all of the ways we are thankful. I pray that I am able to live a life that is simply an outpouring of my grateful heart. God is so good.

2 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

Hey! I saw your link on the Penuel's blog! I love your logo header and we hope to have one soon from "Loudmouth"! I will add you all as a link! We are thankful to get to know you all and would love to have you over soon!

Tricia Welch said...

Bennett is the Man!