Monday, July 6, 2009

Green Day!


After way too much playing inside due to brutally hot weather I decided we needed to spice up a boring weekday by bringing back color days. Without any planning or preparation I declared at breakfast on Tuesday that it was to be Green Day. Bennett was pumped.

So I put him in a green t-shirt and made it up as we went. Here are the little ways we celebrated Green Day at our house.

Green Hunt:
A walk/ride first thing in the morning (while it was still under 100 outside) to look for green things in our neighborhood.



Green Craft:


I secretly collected the grass and leaves for the project so as to avoid teaching the two year olds to destroy plants for fun. I was pretty sure they wouldn't understand why it was okay to pull a couple of leaves off my rose bush today but wouldn't be okay tomorrow.


Green Gift:
My mom got sent some appropriately themed gifts to Bennett for future color days. Thanks for the puzzle, Gran!



Green Kitchen Helper Preparing a Green Dinner:







Hey, I know there are many (many!) healthier green options than green pancakes and applesauce...but this is what I could come up with at the last minute without requiring a trip to the store.

And although I was fairly certain I did not allow Bennett to touch the food coloring, he managed to turn himself a little green as well.


So obviously it was necessary that we end the day with a...

...Green Bath:


Check out that tan line! (And please forgive the grainy phone photos.)


We had a great time celebrating Green Day. Stay tuned for the next time I need a way to make a boring day at home seem more novel...Blue Day coming soon!

4 comments:

marc and trisha said...

You are so creative. I loved your activities.

Bennett and Dayton are so lucky to have you as their mom.

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

So fun! I love getting ideas for my future with Caleb!!

Also, I absolutely LOVE the green BG diaper! I secretly want to get a couple of those for Caleb but we've already got as many as we need. They also have Orange now and I'm desperate for one of those!

~Jill

Haley said...

Love the green day pics!

The Meeks said...

I LOVE your color days! What a fun way to inspire learning and beat the boredom of a hot day! Fun to see you and the kids last week!