Friday, June 5, 2009

Parenting and SNL

Lately a big part of my mothering job has been to respond with appropriate enthusiasm to Bennett's new favorite phrase, "watch dis, Mommy!"

The other day as I observed his newest trick and gushed, "you're in a laundry basket! Woo-hoo!" I stopped short with the sudden realization that something about my exclamations sounded awfully familiar. Then it hit me. I have begun channeling the Target Lady.




I guess there are worse SNL characters after which to pattern my parenting efforts.

2 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

ha ha.... isn't this who "Josiah" is played after. Mike showed it to me the other night and we laughed so hard!

Haley said...

Love the target lady. Who knew that we would all sound like that as we cheer on our kiddos. :)
Thanks for making me laugh this a.m.