Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So Apparently I Have a Blog

*ahem* Er....uh....is this thing on? *tap tap* Is anybody out there?

So, yeah, it's been a while.

Last time I posted I was a young mom of a baby girl and two year old boy. Nearly four months later I'm a less young (watching the remaining days of my twenties slip through my sleep deprived fingers), mom of a walking, talking one year old girl and a chatterbox of a three year old (unless we are around other people, in which case my three year old is mute for at least one hour).

Dayton is sleeping restlessly, therefore I'm not sleeping. I've checked on her a couple of times and even tried a diaper change but she still isn't settled. So as I wait for a load of diapers to finish rinsing I'm contemplating taking her some meeds in case she's teething. And I grew bored of Facebook stalking so now I'm here.

(Reading that last paragraph if occurs to me that it is truly a tragedy that I have been too wrapped up in my life to stop and share such valuable, fascinating tidbits with the world. How have y'all survived without me?)

Things I've missed writing about and may or may not get around to documenting here for our family record (in no particular order):

Dayton turns one
Bennett turns three
Baylor basketball in the elite eight and our trip to the NCAA tournament games
Snow, snow and more snow
Easter
Potty training and related adventures
Baby Cole arrives and we love him
Dayton starts walking
My children display unusual amounts of cuteness, brains and talent

Truly, I've missed blogging and it drives me absolutely bonkers that I'm not going to be able to catch up perfectly. I'm in a daily battle against the procrastinating perfectionist inside my head that wants to take over my life and steal my joy. So, to prove she's not in charge I'm diving back into my online journal/brag book/photo album/creative outlet without even pretending to play catch-up.

So take that, annoying perfectionist girl.

And I hope to be back here soon.

1 comment:

Tricia Welch said...

Hooray!!!! You're back! Well, you happen to be one of my favorite people and therefore your blog is one of my favorite blogs! Stay away PG...we just want the real deal, Stacey! Love you!