Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cheaters catch-up, January

I don't expect anyone to read this, but for posterity I'm posting my Twitter/Facebook updates from the past few months. (Idea unabashedly ripped off from Chrys.)

It only requires my phone and a few seconds to capture everyday moments and share them via these outlets...so I throw stuff out there on a fairly regular basis. This is not a comprehensive look at everything (or even anything) interesting or important that has taken place, rather simple snapshots of our life that I want to have to look back on later.

*For some reason all the time stamps seem to be in Pacific time. Just to clarify how kooky I truly am, I will confess that in my head Perfectionist Girl is hollering at me that I have to change them all to match the times these were actually posted. But I'm not going to do that. (You hear that PG? NOT DOING IT!) I've already spent way too much time fixing typos, reformatting these so they go in chronological order and getting the photos to display.

Texting @jeffeparker important bowl game updates (like my shock at the girth of a coach's rear end) since he is reading in bed as I watch.
9:33 PM Jan 2nd

Too fussy for the nursery this morning so we are eating cheerios hanging out by the fire. http://twitpic.com/wik2c 8:00 AM Jan 3rd

We begin tomorrow. For real. Pray for me. http://twitpic.com/wlh2s 7:40 PM Jan 3rd

Potty Training Day 1 is on! We began with b'fast on the Happy Day plate, a candle to blow, "Happy Big Boy Day" song and tiny boxer briefs. 5:48 AM Jan 4th

I always feel a little sad during the Route 66 flashback scene in Cars. 8:33 AM Jan 4th

Head's up Dallas: Northpark AMC no longer allows outside food or drinks. I will miss noshing Chick-fil-A in front of the big screen. 10:02 PM Jan 4th

PT day two: It was a rough morning but he stayed dry ALL afternoon! B insisted on sleeping in his big boy pants (now over his diaper). 6:42 PM Jan 5th

B's version of Cars: 1st race thru Radiator Springs arrival, the "silly part" (cow tipping), and final race. Done. No dialogue needed here! 12:23 PM Jan 6th

Small group concert. She's awesome for three weeks of self-taught practice! http://twitpic.com/x03yc 7:23 PM Jan 6th

Up late with sad, shivering, hacking little boy. Sincerest apologies to my friends and their babies we inadvertently germed this afternoon! 10:51 PM Jan 6th

Apparently a terrifying, shadowy menace now inhabits my bedroom. Cuddling my imaginative, feverish toddler in his (small) safe bed. Tired. 12:52 AM Jan 7th

Blustering wind proclaims the arrival of frigid weather. Profoundly grateful all my loved ones are warm tonight. Praying for the homeless. 1:20 AM Jan 7th

My Words w/ Friends icon is my digital laundry hamper. As soon as I think I'm caught up there are a dozen more items to deal with. Oh my! 6:10 PM Jan 7th

Aww, I'm so happy for little Gilbert! I feel like a nervous momma for the kid. 8:12 PM Jan 7th

Hang in there, Horns! 8:43 PM Jan 7th

RT @Amburnett73: How to help homeless in the cold-http://bit.ly/8iinEm #cnn It's easier to toss out $1 and say "God bless", but please don't. 9:13 AM Jan 8th

Of all the slimy, gross and/or stinky duties that come along with having small children, I think dealing with snot is my least favorite. 7:39 AM Jan 11th

I'm just going to go ahead and save the number to poison control on my phone. Never know when it might be needed. Again. 9:13 PM Jan 11th

We were out of the house all morning and Bennett kept his big boy pants dry! This potty training thing may work out after all! 10:53 AM Jan 12th

I always get a kick out of ads in the newspaper's coupon section. This week : a man-girdle! (a mirtle?) http://twitpic.com/xuga3 3:01 PM Jan 12th

I am pretty amazed that my two year old can accurately identify left and right. I may have been seven or eight before getting that straight! 7:29 AM Jan 13th

So the "what's on hand" taco soup was good last night but the leftovers are GREAT! Must remember what I put in there and write it down. 9:47 AM Jan 13th

Rough morning around here has me wondering: Which comes first, the impatient mommy or the uncooperative child? Afraid it is often the former 10:31 AM Jan 14th

Sincerest apologies to all my Words With Friends opponents. My phone and I had to have a DTR talk and we're kinda "on a break" right now. 8:26 PM Jan 18th

Sorting gummy vitamins has become something of a morning ritual around here. http://twitpic.com/yxaaw 5:44 AM Jan 20th

Baylor tied AT Kansas with three minutes left?? Way to go Bears! 7:53 PM Jan 20th

Two year old truth of the day: "sometimes it so hard to wait, Mommy". 8:14 AM Jan 22nd

"TRAC OFF", "VSC TRAC" and "check engine" lights on...continue running errands or turn around and go home?? I hate dealing with car issues. 2:37 PM Jan 27th

Been seeking appropriately tempting "poop bribe" for the little potty trainee. I believe wii have found it! http://twitpic.com/108h95

So much to do. So little motivation. And the weather isn't helping...I just want my couch, down comfortor and library book. 10:58 AM Jan 29th

Watching a Mr. Roger's show we borrowed from library...B is enamored. So lovely and calm compared to hyperactivity on TV. #officiallyold 12:53 PM Jan 29th

I know it is terribly unproductive, but I so adore a Sunday afternoon nap. Perfectly lovely. Night night! 10:30 AM Jan 31st

My parents want to rearrange so yesterday they offed this on us: http://twitpic.com/10rrck Current skill level approx equals my 9 y/o self. 3:42 PM Jan 31st

1 comment:

Tricia Welch said...

Wow! That's the way to catch up! First of all, I must have your Words With Friends ID! I have recently joined the cult. Next, Wow! I'm so impressed with Bennett's ability to differentiate left from right and I must see this in person. But, considering Jeff's above average ability to master all things spacial/mathematical, I'm not surprised that B is a chip off the old block. Third, does B sort his vitamins because he's looking for a particular color?...cuz we are running really low on reds if y'all are in need of orange and yellows. Red is E's preferred poison each morning.

Ok, so now you're caught up through January! Can't wait to hear the rest! Love you!