Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Not Exactly A Disclaimer

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts about my toy snobbery! You all were so gracious and helpful. I especially appreciate those that disagreed with me for not raking me over the coals for being a bit uptight and snotty.

Before I posted the previous entry I considered including a disclaimer...something that said these are just my rambling opinions, I'm not into judging those that buy plastic Elmo work benches, I know I'm a little crazy, blah, blah, etc. But I didn't, mostly because it was way, WAY past my bedtime and also because I figured pretty much everyone who reads this little ol' blog already knows me and will probably give me the benefit of the doubt.

But upon reading it myself a week after posting I wanted to gag. I've never been a terribly opinionated person and I feel like I sound like a brat. So, in the interest of full disclosure, I want you to know that my distaste for licensed character, batteries-required and plastic toys is not 100% (er...probably even 50%) reflected in the contents of our playroom. I just let myself loose to share my most idealistic toy-scenario.

If you happen to give my child a light-up, singing, Handy Manny for their birthday because you love him and think it will make him smile, I promise not to roll my eyes or throw it back in your face. But, if you happen to ask me for a wish list, it will not (as long as I am in control of the wish lists) include a light-up, singing, Handy Manny.

Case in point, Bennett's two favorite parts of our Christmas decor are "Hip Hop Randy" (a singing, dancing bear) and a plastic, light-up, musical snow globe. Neither purchased by yours truly.

























Peace, love and wooden toys to all!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Eh, no worries! I certainly wasn't offended, and hey, it's your blog!

Merry Christmas!