Wednesday, October 15, 2008

30 Weeks!


Wow, where has the time gone? I can't believe I'm in the home stretch of this pregnancy. I have an OB appointment tomorrow and then start going to the doctor every two weeks already. It's crazy!

A couple of weeks ago my belly went through a growth spurt or something and I felt absolutely HUGE. I'm pretty sure I've gotten bigger faster than with Bennett (as everyone said would happen) and it's been weird. I spent pretty much all of my time in my first pregnancy thinking about pregnancy...reading books, researching online, taking note of every little change and odd feeling. I guess I've been not as inwardly focused so when this big ol' belly showed up all of a sudden (it seemed to me) I was taken a bit by surprise.

This little one is a mover and a shaker for sure! Baby Dos is constantly doing funny little jiggles or flips or something that make my whole stomach quiver. Bennett was active but did more leisurely stretching and rolling...not so much kicking and jabbing. I wonder if there will be any personality differences we can divine out from such in-utero differences. B's been a pretty laid back kid so far. Does this mean we're in for a spit-fire?

The bad news is that I seem to be wearing down a little earlier than last pregnancy. My energy level has been lower lately and my nausea has returned some. Sad! My back aches at the end of the day sometimes, which I attribute to hauling around 30 pound toddler who has suddenly decided that being carried is preferable to walking. Overall I still feel very good and there are no major discomforts or pain so I can't complain.

Finally, this 30 week marker has made me realize that we need to get on the ball in making some practical preparations for Baby Dos. I'd like to find a bassinet for our room through a friend or someone on Craigslist. We need to figure out what double stroller we're going to get. I need to find, organize and wash stored baby clothes. I should probably purchase a couple more nursing camis and gather some other nursing essentials like Lansinoh, pads and milk storage bags. We ought to consider finding coming home outfits (one boy option and one girl option) and packing a hospital bag one of these days.

As I'm typing this out more and more things are coming to mind. I should make a list for myself and not bore you all to death with my t0-dos.

I'll let ya know if anything of interest happens at our appointment tomorrow. It should be pretty typical and quick...they'll check my urine, weight and blood pressure, measure the belly, and ask if I have any questions. Good times!

As always we treasure and appreciate your prayers for the health and growth of our sweet Baby Dos and for our family as we prepare to make the transistion from one kiddo to two. It's going to be exciting!

3 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

I feel like it's flying by, too! You certainly haven't talked about baby dos as much as "baby uno"...but I totally understand why. I will say that Elliott was a kicker and a jabber in the womb and he is definitely a high-energy boy these days! Also, we've got a cradle you are welcome to borrow. My only complaint is that it is kind of low to the ground and difficult to do diaper changes in the middle of the night in. But, if you had a changing table or bed nearby it works great.

emk said...

You look GREAT, Stacey!!

Lucy said...

you look so, so great!!